Hikvision’s director of cybersecurity, Chuck Davis, together with the Hikvision Security Lab at Hikvision headquarters, is leading the cybersecurity program for Hikvision North America, overseeing all internal and external cybersecurity initiatives and programs in the region.
Davis offers these tips to help you avoid potential cybersecurity attacks:
- Never click on links in emails.
- Never open email attachments.
- Do not give out personal information, especially via email and online.
- Set secure, complex passwords and don't share them with anyone.
- Whenever possible, use two factor
- Keep your operating system, browser, anti-virus and other critical software up to date.
- Verify the authenticity of requests from companies or individuals by contacting them directly.
- Pay close attention to website URLs.
- Be suspicious of all links or requests sent through email or via text message.
For other Hikvision cybersecurity tips, click here.